Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blog posts

So my computer has been dumb for the past while. I've tried to do blog posts but I couldn't ever upload photos. I thought it was blogger being dumb- because I didn't have any problems with my wordpress photo blog. So I gave up and never posted the ones I was working on. But I have since had problems uploading photos onto a couple other sites and realized it's my computer not blogger. So I tried uploading and submitting the photos/posts on Dan's computer- and it worked. I published a couple other posts that I started a few months ago but never could finish on my computer. The Moab trip post was going to have a million other photos on it but I could only get 2 the upload after trying and waiting forever I gave up and did an abbreviated post on my photo blog instead. I went ahead and published what I was able to do a few months ago- but I can't add the other photos because my external hard drive crashed and I lost all my photos and other things.

I finally a few months ago finished typing up all my recipes that I've tried and liked over the many years- quite the accomplishment that has been on the to do list for years. Well that is now gone with the rest of my documents/photos. Oh well. So those of you that have been asking about my recipes- it'll be awhile probably until I get the motivation and time to do that again. At least I printed the document with all the recipes off before it got wiped out. I know you should always have things saved in 2 spots and I did that for my photos until I was completely finished with the project- same with the recipes- they used to be saved on my laptop as well. But then I delete them to free up space. I have learned my lesson. That is the second hard drive to crash on me this year. I will always have everything saved in 2 separate places.

3 comments:

  1. SO SAD!! Oh that is so frustrating. I'm sorry! Do you want me to email you the pics you emailed me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the updates! Savanah never lets me get on the computer, so I finally had a chance to read through your posts today. I love all the things you wrote about Beckett. Some of them really made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made one of your recipes from the ward cook book just the other day! I love all of the recipes you put in there! I use them all the time. That's a huge bummer that you lost all of that work. I would have loved to have gotten my hands on all of those recipes. It's no fun learning lessons like that the hard way!

    ReplyDelete