Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Recent happenings

Tomorrow Dan and I will have been married 6 years! Times flies, yet it seems like it's been way longer then that. I found out almost 2 months ago that I was pregnant. I'm no good at keeping secrets- so pretty much as soon as I found out we started telling people. I went for my first appointment a couple weeks ago and the doctor couldn't hear the heartbeat- I wasn't really nervous about that- I was just excited that I could get an ultrasound to get a more accurate due date. My doctor was like yea I would guess you're a week or two further along because your uterus feels pretty big. I told her I didn't think so just because my due date according to LMP was October 30 and my cycle is a little longer than the average. When we did the ultrasound she was like you're right- your due date is now going to be November 9, 2011. Which i didn't think I'd be moved back that much! Oh well. With Beckett my due date was 7/1 (based on LMP) and they changed it to 7/16- but I thought it was because I had just gotten off birth control that time- but I guess that is how I am with my pregnancies. So I'm not a huge fan of the belly shot- but I was just so surprised how all of a sudden my belly popped out last week. I swear I look 3x bigger than the photo too- I need to get a better photo to show it- and a more attractive one. I know they say with the second you show early but- I still am a little shocked. My belly button is already popped out and awkwardly showing through my clothes. So this photo is me at 10 weeks pregnant. I was looking at a pregnancy calendar and I won't find out the gender until probably late June- early July! Forever away- we'll be happy with either, but I can't wait to find out. The calendar also had a date on it somewhere in mid May that said "now it's safe to start telling people you're pregnant". I obviously didn't do that- but really people definitely would know by now- can't really hide this belly. I had a few people ask me if I could be having twins? Which there are no twins anywhere that I know of in our family and the doctor did the ultrasound and said there is only one. I'm sure I'm just going to be huge- I'm afraid to see what I'll be like in November! With Beckett's pregnancy I always measured a lot bigger (except at the first ultrasound)- it'll probably be the same. Maybe I have a big belly from all these sweets I've been eating recently- I'll just blame it on pregancy. We think 11/11/11 would be a cool birthdate or 1102.2011 would not quite as cool. But we were hoping to go to Hawaii with my parents for Thanksgiving so I hope it comes early- probably not likely.


Dan and I went to Grand Junction last week with Lua and Beckett. I took the kids shopping with me while Dan did a bike ride and we ran other errands like get Dan's blood draw for more allergy tests. Dan was like I'm not ready for 2 kids! In some ways I think it's easier when they are the same age- just that they entertain each other better- since they are in the same stage- but I also think that's what makes it hard- both Beckett and Lua want to run around and be independent (usually in opposite directions). At least when we have a newborn I can have the baby in a carrier and worry about chasing only one child. It was also nice when Dan was there to help- because we could each take one. I told him just wait until we have 3 or 4 kids! But Dan said he's good with just 2.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys! You look great by the way! Just wait till #3, then you really pop out early :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with you, just wait till number 3 comes along! I have gotten to the point where we just have to make a holding hands train where ever we go so I can keep track of every one! Having 2 was a breeze so tell Dan to relax. You look super cute. Any it's not twins its the fact that you are so short, I had the same thing happen with Jace. Then there is a girl in my ward that told every one she was prego at 7 months along and you STILL could not tell she was prego! Lame! I'm SO excited to see what you are having.

    ReplyDelete