Weight: 16 pounds - less than 3% (They want to have us come in for weight checks again because he's below his growth curve- but I think it's just because he doesn't really eat solids.)
Height: 27 1/2 inches- 25-50% (The last appointment was obviously mismeasured because they said he was 28 inches and 90%. I thought that was off- I guess I should have asked for them to remeasure.)
Head: 18 3/4 inches- 95-97% (his big head is holding strong)
Dan went to Portland a few weeks ago for a library conference. This was the first time he's been away from us since Beckett was born and he was going to be gone for almost a week. I thought I might go crazy if I was only around a baby for a week- so I convinced my family to come and visit over the weekend. Dan was like "I expect Beckett to be sleeping through the night when I get back." So the first night Beckett woke up a few times and I just let him cry it out. When he woke up around 5:30 a.m. I decided to feed him. Then the next few nights he didn't wake up until about 5:30 a.m. And that has been pretty much how it's been since- except for a few nights. It's so nice cutting out about 4 awakenings. We just need to get him a little more consistent with taking good naps.
Beckett now can wave and clap his hands. He loves the song "If you're happy and you know it" and he will clap his hands when you sing it.
He loves sucking on a spoon- however he still won't touch food that comes in a spoon- just finger foods for Beckett. My family was here a few weeks ago and they all tried to see if they could get him to eat pureed- no one succeeded. I still haven't tried too much finger foods (still the main foods are baby mum mum and the grain puffs) with him because I'm too nervous. This picture was from last night- we tried giving him kiwi- he made sour faces- but he still ate it.
Beckett loves taking baths now- since he can sit and play with toys the whole time.
Spring is finally here! We have pretty flowers blooming in our yard and it's warm enough to take walks now. Yea! But we'll probably still get another snowstorm sometime before summer- we usually do.
This past month we've discovered two things Beckett's scared of. Dogs barking at him- and going through the car wash.
Here's Beckett with his friend Reese- she's about 6 months older than him.
Beckett is loving getting into things, pulling things off shelves, and opening and closing doors- he'll soon have to learn what I did about slamming doors on your fingers.
Beckett hasn't progressed much with the crawling- he still does the army crawl- just a little quicker now. Here he had crawled under the night stand to get the telephone.
He loves walking and is getting better and better. He pretty much can do it by himself. He's just super cautious and prefers get around by holding on to furniture or anything that might support him becuase he's still a little tipsy at times. The video shows him walking across his bedroom by himself.I like to tease Dan that Beckett's going to take after me and do tumbling and cheerleading. Beckett has great balance, likes being upside down and high up, he loves doing flips, flying through the air and dancing/bouncing. Last week Beckett did a head dive over our couch and landed on our hard wood floors. But of course he still likes to hang over the couch.
However Beckett is a total boy- he already thinks farting is funny. He's super active-doesn't like to sit still. He loves running, kicking a soccer ball around, and is fascinated by mechanical toys.
Since it has be warmer here Dan has been able to get out on some bike rides- which makes him happy. Beckett and I usually go along and hang out while he rides.
That is awesome that he is walking!! Mylee is no where near that yet. And I hear ya on the sleeping at night. Mylee still gets up a couple of times during the night. Much better than a month ago!!
ReplyDeleteAwww Beckett is so Cute!! you have some great photos!
ReplyDelete-Tori Hill
Beckett is absolutely adorable. What should we expect from OSM looking parents?
ReplyDeleteTy just had his 9-mo checkup today--same weight and height! (well, 27 3/4 in) The Dr. wasn't worried about his weight though, said it was probably just genetic (and it probably is since that's how Mark was). Ty looks chubby to me but I never see other babies the same age as him I guess...
ReplyDelete