Friday, August 28, 2009

Beckett's return to normalcy

It has been six weeks today since Beckett was born. At two and a half weeks Beckett had an appointment and had lost about half a pound since his last appointment the week prior (and he eats non-stop)-so that worried the doctor a bit. The doctor was going to take him off the oxygen but because he was losing weight he didn't want to yet. So we had a couple appointments for weight checks. Beckett was slowly gaining it back so they finally took him off oxygen. At about three weeks they finally put him on normal baby status so our next appointment isn't until he's about 9 weeks! Yea, after having 13 doctor visits in his first 3 weeks of life- it'll be nice to have a break.

Here's some pictures from when Beckett was 4 weeks. We blessed him so we had all the family in town.




Beckett after church- hungry and not wanting to take pictures.



Aunt April, Uncle Adam, and Uncle Austin (he was calling Beckett names so he's not so happy).



Grandma and Grandpa Mickelson



Grandma and Grandpa Hill


While my family was in town Dan entertained them with some local hiking and biking trails and I would stay home and feed Beckett all day. That's what I feel like I'm doing anyways.

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Yep, feeding Tanner at the beginning took about eight hours a day. It's like a full-time job! Good luck with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time you put up pics of that kid! I have been waiting for forever! Ashley, he is a total cutie! I wish I could be there to hold him. I know what you mean about the feeding thing, I promise they get faster, I can be done with Jace in about 10-15 min now... if only I could get him to sleep through the night....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that he's doing well now! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe he's already so old! Did you just have him like last week!? You need to come visit while its still biking season...Mark's been exploring some trails in Corner Canyon up the street from us. And I need some real-life time around a baby!

    ReplyDelete